Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Wood County

  •   State: 
    Wisconsin
      County: 
    Wood County
      Zips: 
    54415
    54413
    54441
    54475
    54454
    54489
    54469
    54410
    54412
    54466
    54457
    54495
    54494
    54449
      Coordinates: 
    44.45533127269448, -90.04154869274358
      Area total: 
    809.25 sq. mi., 2095.95 sq. km, 517921.28 acres
      Area land: 
    793.02 sq. mi., 2053.90 sq. km, 507530.24 acres
      Area water: 
    16.24 sq. mi., 42.05 sq. km, 10391.04 acres
      Established: 
    1856
      Capital seat: 

    Wisconsin Rapids
    Address: 400 Market St
    County Courthouse
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494-4868
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 19 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Wood County, Wisconsin, United States

  •   Population: 
    74,207; Population change: -0.73% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    93.6 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $49,473
      Households: 
    31,434
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.70% per 34,538 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.50%
      Income taxes: 
    6.75%
      GDP: 
    $3.71 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Wood County's population of Wisconsin of 37,865 residents in 1930 has increased 1,96-fold to 74,207 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.07% female residents and 48.93% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.87% in Wood County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 38.13% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.87% in Wood County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 38.13% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    34,549 residential units of which 93.31% share occupied residential units.

    18.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Wood County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.49% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.90% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.39% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.21% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Wood County, Wisconsin 70.06% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.94% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.00% are vacant.

  • The 72.43% of the population in Wood County, Wisconsin who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.460%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 55.590%) of those eligible to vote in Wood County, Wisconsin.

Skyline of Wood County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Daniel Fast Food

283 Fulton Ave, Hempstead, NY 11550

Stone Enterprises Inc

10011 J St, Omaha, NE 68127

Gold Medal - Chicago

450 N York Rd, Bensenville, IL 60106

Usfi Inc

500 W 140th St, Gardena, CA 90248

Brooklyn Style Caterinc Inc

7803 15th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11228

Landscape of Wisconsin