Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Washington County

  •   State: 
    Vermont
      County: 
    Washington County
      Zips: 
    05666
    05666
    05603
    05640
    05664
    05648
    05604
    05609
    05676
    05620
    05670
    05671
    05681
    05633
    05678
    05601
    05650
    05654
    05641
    05676
    05669
    05682
    05647
    05602
    05658
    05660
    05667
    05651
    05677
    05674
    05663
    05602
    05676
    05673
    05641
    05602
      Coordinates: 
    44.27358092357264, -72.6147474260439
      Area total: 
    695.22 sq. mi., 1800.61 sq. km, 444939.52 acres
      Area land: 
    687.04 sq. mi., 1779.43 sq. km, 439707.52 acres
      Area water: 
    8.18 sq. mi., 21.17 sq. km, 5232.00 acres
      Established: 
    1810
      Capital seat: 

    Montpelier
    Address: 65 State St
    County Courthouse
    Montpelier, VT 05602-3594
    Governing Body: County Court with 2 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Washington County, Vermont, United States

  •   Population: 
    59,807; Population change: 0.46% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    87 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $52,253
      Households: 
    24,854
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.80% per 33,025 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    9.50%
      GDP: 
    $3.41 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washington County's population of Vermont of 41,733 residents in 1930 has increased 1,43-fold to 59,807 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.64% female residents and 49.36% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.22% in Washington County, Vermont are married and the remaining 43.78% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.22% in Washington County, Vermont are married and the remaining 43.78% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    30,645 residential units of which 84.33% share occupied residential units.

    23.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Washington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.83% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.43% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.39% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.96% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washington County, Vermont 58.65% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.28% are rented apartments, and the remaining 15.07% are vacant.

  • The 37.28% of the population in Washington County, Vermont who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 28.350%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 69.330%) of those eligible to vote in Washington County, Vermont.

Skyline of Washington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Cartopia

1207 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214

Tyson Foods Inc

5505 Jefferson Pkwy, Pine Bluff, AR 71602

Almond Brothers

4102 Air Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85034

Spearfish Creek Inn

925 N 3rd St, Spearfish, SD 57783

Gone Fishin

230 W Huron Rd, Cleveland, OH 44113

Landscape of Vermont