Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Washington County

  •   State: 
    Utah
      County: 
    Washington County
      Zips: 
    84781
    84791
    84722
    84733
    84781
    84771
    84763
    84783
    84782
    84746
    84757
    84774
    84779
    84784
    84725
    84745
    84738
    84767
    84765
    84780
    84737
    84790
    84770
      Coordinates: 
    37.28041687967772, -113.50467373295886
      Area total: 
    2430.44 sq. mi., 6294.82 sq. km, 1555484.16 acres
      Area land: 
    2427.44 sq. mi., 6287.04 sq. km, 1553560.96 acres
      Area water: 
    3.01 sq. mi., 7.78 sq. km, 1923.20 acres
      Established: 
    1852
      Capital seat: 

    St. George
    Address: 197 E Tabernacle St
    County Administration Building
    Saint George, UT 84770-3443
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Hutchinson's Rule

  • Washington County, Utah, United States

  •   Population: 
    180,279; Population change: 30.53% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    74 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,393
      Households: 
    49,446
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.30% per 79,208 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.20%
      Income taxes: 
    6.98%
      GDP: 
    $5.62 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washington County's population of Utah of 7,420 residents in 1930 has increased 24,3-fold to 180,279 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.34% female residents and 49.66% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.28% in Washington County, Utah are married and the remaining 32.72% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.28% in Washington County, Utah are married and the remaining 32.72% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    74,530 residential units of which 83.75% share occupied residential units.

    18.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Washington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.19% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.99% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.17% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.98% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washington County, Utah 63.19% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.93% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.88% are vacant.

  • The 73.08% of the population in Washington County, Utah who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 75.330%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 21.860%) of those eligible to vote in Washington County, Utah.

Skyline of Washington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

North American Fish Corporation

24 Peck Slip, New York, NY 10038

Pinche's Salsa

2000 Texas Ave, El Paso, TX 79901

Gillette Cheese House

118 S Gillette Ave, Gillette, WY 82716

Thompson Hospitality

8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003

Borealis Cellar

19387 B Monastery Dr, Eagle River, AK 99577

Landscape of Utah