Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

ZIP Code 97140

Zip code area 97140 in Sherwood, Washington County, OR

  •   State: 
    Oregon
      Counties: 
    Washington County
    ,
    Clackamas County
    ,
    Yamhill County
      Cities: 
    Sherwood
      Counties all: 
    Washington | Clackamas | Yamhill
      County FIPS: 
    41067 | 41005 | 41071
      Area total: 
    44.582 sq mi
      Area land: 
    44.575 sq mi
      Area water: 
    0.007 sq mi
      Elevation: 
    1.213 feet
  •   Latitude: 
    45,3555
      Longitude: 
    -122,8519
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro OR-WA
      Timezone: 
    Pacific Standard Time (PST) UTC-8:00; Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) UTC-7:00
      Coordinates: 
    45.35504, -122.86426
      GMAP: 

    Oregon 97140, USA

  •   Population: 
    63,191 individuals
      Population density: 
    9,459.45 people per square miles
      Households: 
    19,714
      Unemployment rate: 
    2.9%
      Household income: 
    $114,028 average annual income
      Housing units: 
    9,382 residential housing units
      Health insurance: 
    1.4% of residents who report not having health insurance
      Veterans: 
    0.6% of residents who are veterans

The ZIP 97140 is a West ZIP code and located in the preferred city/town Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon with a population estimated today at about 27.624 peoples. The preferred city may be different from the city where the zip code 97140 is located. Sherwood is usually the name of the main post office. When sending a package or mail, always indicate your preferred or accepted cities. Using any city from the list of invalid cities may result in delays.

  • Living in the postal code area 97140 of Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon 47.8% of population who are male and 52.2% who are female.

    The median age for all people, for males & for females based on 2020 Census data. Median is the middle value, when all possible values are listed in order. Median is not the same as Average (or Mean).

  • Household income staggered according to certain income ranges.

    The median commute time of resident workers require for a one-way commute to work in minutes.

    The distribution of different age groups in the population of the zip code area of Sherwood, Washington County 97140.

    The percentage distribution of the population by race.

    Estimated residential value of individual residential buildings as a percentage.

    The age of the building does not always say something about the structural condition of the residential buildings.

    The percentage of education level of the population.

Washington County

  •   State: 
    Oregon
      County: 
    Washington County
      Zips: 
    97076
    97144
    97077
    97125
    97296
    97075
    97109
    97117
    97298
    97281
    97224
    97078
    97003
    97078
    97006
    97106
    97119
    97003
    97006
    97007
    97133
    97113
    97224
    97224
    97007
    97116
    97140
    97229
    97008
    97006
    97223
    97223
    97123
    97062
    97225
    97124
    97005
      Coordinates: 
    45.56009067747466, -123.09832195189006
      Area total: 
    726.63 sq. mi., 1881.97 sq. km, 465045.76 acres
      Area land: 
    724.27 sq. mi., 1875.86 sq. km, 463534.72 acres
      Area water: 
    2.36 sq. mi., 6.11 sq. km, 1511.04 acres
      Established: 
    1843
      Capital seat: 

    Hillsboro
    Address: 155 N 1St Ave
    Hillsboro, OR 97124-3001
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Washington County, Oregon, United States

  •   Population: 
    600,372; Population change: 13.34% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    829 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $62,682
      Households: 
    200,228
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.50% per 321,579 county labor force
  •   Income taxes: 
    9.00%
      GDP: 
    $48.46 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washington County's population of Oregon of 30,275 residents in 1930 has increased 19,83-fold to 600,372 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.86% female residents and 50.14% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.80% in Washington County, Oregon are married and the remaining 39.20% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.80% in Washington County, Oregon are married and the remaining 39.20% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    236,678 residential units of which 95.83% share occupied residential units.

    26 minutes is the average time that residents in Washington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.34% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.89% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 5.72% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.51% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washington County, Oregon 57.37% are owner-occupied homes, another 37.27% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.36% are vacant.

  • The 24.89% of the population in Washington County, Oregon who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 37.690%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 59.820%) of those eligible to vote in Washington County, Oregon.

Clackamas County

  •   State: 
    Oregon
      County: 
    Clackamas County
      Zips: 
    97067
    97269
    97268
    97268
    97269
    97036
    97011
    97015
    97086
    97049
    97028
    97267
    97017
    97015
    97086
    97022
    97042
    97067
    97004
    97267
    97089
    97027
    97009
    97222
    97267
    97023
    97055
    97038
    97086
    97034
    97013
    97068
    97222
    97070
    97015
    97045
    97035
      Coordinates: 
    45.18804623486969, -122.22084505217222
      Area total: 
    1882.99 sq. mi., 4876.91 sq. km, 1205110.40 acres
      Area land: 
    1870.68 sq. mi., 4845.04 sq. km, 1197234.56 acres
      Area water: 
    12.31 sq. mi., 31.87 sq. km, 7875.84 acres
      Established: 
    1843
      Capital seat: 

    Oregon City
    Address: 150 Beavercreek Road
    Oregon City, OR
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Clackamas County, Oregon, United States

  •   Population: 
    421,401; Population change: 12.08% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    225 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $62,857
      Households: 
    144,941
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 218,040 county labor force
  •   Income taxes: 
    9.00%
      GDP: 
    $19.72 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Clackamas County's population of Oregon of 46,205 residents in 1930 has increased 9,12-fold to 421,401 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.40% female residents and 49.60% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.19% in Clackamas County, Oregon are married and the remaining 37.81% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.19% in Clackamas County, Oregon are married and the remaining 37.81% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    170,094 residential units of which 94.36% share occupied residential units.

    28.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Clackamas County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.38% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.23% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.91% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.39% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Clackamas County, Oregon 66.43% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.25% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.31% are vacant.

  • The 26.12% of the population in Clackamas County, Oregon who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 43.570%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.930%) of those eligible to vote in Clackamas County, Oregon.

Yamhill County

  •   State: 
    Oregon
      County: 
    Yamhill County
      Zips: 
    97127
    97396
    97148
    97101
    97115
    97378
    97114
    97111
    97132
    97128
      Coordinates: 
    45.232666049672034, -123.30816472494708
      Area total: 
    718.41 sq. mi., 1860.66 sq. km, 459779.20 acres
      Area land: 
    715.90 sq. mi., 1854.17 sq. km, 458175.36 acres
      Area water: 
    2.51 sq. mi., 6.49 sq. km, 1603.84 acres
      Established: 
    1843
      Capital seat: 

    McMinnville
    Address: 535 NE 5th St
    County Courthouse
    McMinnville, OR 97128-4504
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Yamhill County, Oregon, United States

  •   Population: 
    107,722; Population change: 8.60% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    150 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $52,891
      Households: 
    33,094
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.80% per 54,221 county labor force
  •   Income taxes: 
    9.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.48 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Yamhill County's population of Oregon of 22,027 residents in 1930 has increased 4,89-fold to 107,722 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.39% female residents and 50.61% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.98% in Yamhill County, Oregon are married and the remaining 39.02% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.98% in Yamhill County, Oregon are married and the remaining 39.02% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    40,123 residential units of which 94.74% share occupied residential units.

    27.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Yamhill County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.61% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.74% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.45% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.71% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Yamhill County, Oregon 64.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.75% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.47% are vacant.

  • The 25.41% of the population in Yamhill County, Oregon who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.140%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 47.780%) of those eligible to vote in Yamhill County, Oregon.

Sherwood

Sherwood, Oregon

  •   State: 
    Oregon
      County: 
    Washington County
      City: 
    Sherwood
      County all: 
    Washington | Clackamas | Yamhill
      County FIPS: 
    41067 | 41005 | 41071
      Coordinates: 
    45°21′25″N 122°50′36″W
      Area total: 
    4.89 sq mi (12.67 km²)
      Area land: 
    4.89 sq mi (12.67 km²)
      Area water: 
    0.00 sq mi (0.00 km²)
      Elevation: 
    193 ft (59 m)
      Established: 
    1893; Incorporated 1893
  •   Latitude: 
    45,3555
      Longitude: 
    -122,8519
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
      Timezone: 
    Pacific Standard Time (PST) UTC-8:00; Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) UTC-7:00
      ZIP codes: 
    97140
      GMAP: 

    Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon, United States

  •   Population: 
    3,138
      Population density: 
    4,178.59 residents per square mile of area (1,613.51/km²)
      Household income: 
    $83,617
      Households: 
    6,504
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.40%
  •   Income taxes: 
    9.00%

Sherwood is a city in Washington County, Oregon, United States. It is a residential community in the Tualatin Valley, southwest of Portland. As of the 2010 census, Sherwood had a population of 18,194 residents. The city's population for 2019 was estimated to be 19,879 by the U.S. Census. In 2014, Money ranked Sherwood fifth among the top fifty best places to live in the United States, and one of America's most "family friendly" small towns. The name "Sherwood" arose from a declination of naming the town "Smock Ville" after its co-founders James Christopher and Mary Ellen Smock. In 1885, the Smocks gave a right-of-way on their property to the Portland and Willamette Valley Railway. The Smocks platted the town in 1889, the same year rail service began. The main industry in the 1890s was a pressed brick yard which closed in 1896, a victim of the deep recession of 1893. The Klondike Gold Rush of 1897 revived Sherwood's economy. The population of the city in 1911 was 350 within a 1-square-mile (2.6 km²) city limit. It has since expanded to nearly 4.5 square miles (12 km²). The city has a total area of 4.31 sq miles (11.16 km²), all land. In August 2009, Family Circle named the city one of the most family-friendly small towns in the country.

History

The name "Sherwood" arose from a declination of naming the town "Smock Ville" after its co-founders James Christopher and Mary Ellen Smock. In 2014, Money ranked Sherwood fifth among the top fifty best places to live in the United States. In August 2009, Family Circle named the city one of America's most "family friendly" small towns. The population of the city in 1911 was 350 within a 1-square-mile (2.6 km²) city limit. The city has since expanded to nearly 4.5 square miles (12 km²). The U.S. Postal Department began sending mail to the Town of Sherwood, Oregon on July 5, 1891. The main industry in the 1890s was a pressed brick yard which closed in 1896, a victim of the deep recession of 1893. The Klondike Gold Rush of 1897 revived Sherwood's economy. The town is located along a stretch of the Willamette River that had always been attractive to trade since prehistoric times, when trading activity was dominated by the Chinookan tribe. The name Sherwood was suggested by Robert Alexander, who was both a local resident and prominent businessman, and also said the forest which surrounded the city was like Sherwood Forest in England. It was named after the Sherwood forest in Michigan, which was once a popular tourist destination. The Town ofSherwood was incorporated under Oregon Senate Bill 36 in 1893. It has a population of 350.

Geography

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.31 square miles (11.16 km²), all land. The city is located on the Ohio River, which runs through the center of the city. It is the only city in the state to have a population of more than 1,000. The population of the town was 1,071 at the 2010 census. It has a history of being the site of several major disasters, including the Great Depression and the Second World War, as well as the First and Second World Wars. It was the first city in Ohio to be named after a president, John F. Kennedy, who died in office in 1961. The town's name is derived from the French word for "gold" or "golden", which means "peaceful" and means "home" in French. It also means "town" in Spanish, meaning "home of the dead" and "town of the sick". The city's name was first used in the 17th century as a place of business. It became a city in 18th century, when it was named after the town of the same name. The name was later used for the town's first post office, which was established in 1805. It still exists today as the city's main post office. It's the only town in Ohio that has a population in excess of 1,100. It had a population at the time of the 2010 Census of about 1,700.

Demographics

As of the census of 2010, there were 18,194 people, 6,316 households, and 4,857 families living in the city. The racial makeup of the city was 88.5% White, 0.8% African American, 0,5% Native American, 3.5%. The median income was $82,579, and the median income for a family was $90,492. About 2.2% of families and 4.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.8%, 2.7% and 1.0% of those age 65 or over. The city has a population of 11,791, with 6,569 housing units. The median age of a city resident is 34.3 years, with 33.6% of residents under the age of 18; 5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 32.9% were from 25 to 44; 21.6%, and 6.8%. The city is located on the U.S.-Mexico border and is located near the border of the state of New Mexico. It is the largest city in the state, with a total population of 18,788. The population density is 4,221.3 inhabitants per square mile (1,629.9/km²). The city's median income is $62,518, with the median family income of $67,518. The per capita income for the city is $31,047.

Infrastructure and services

Sherwood is within the Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon (TriMet), the Portland metropolitan area's primary transit agency. TriMet bus lines 93, 94 and 97 provide service to Sherwood. Fire protection and emergency medical services are provided through Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue. Yamhill County Transit Area's routes 44, 45x and 46s connect Sherwood with Newberg, McMinnville, and other points in Yamhill county outside the boundaries of TriMet district. Sherwood is located on the Oregon Turnpike, which runs from Eugene to Portland. The turnpike passes through Sherwood on its way to and from the Portland International Airport. The town is home to the Sherwood High School, which was founded in 1903. The school was the first in the area to be built in the 19th century. It is also the site of the first high school in the state of Oregon, which opened in 1913. The high school is located in the town's historic downtown area, which dates back to the early 19th Century. It was the only high school to open in the city, and it is the only one in the county to do so. The city also has a post-secondary school, where students can earn a degree or certificate. It also has an elementary school that opened in the early 20th century, which is now part of the Portland Metropolitan School District. It has a high school that was the last in the region to graduate in the late 1960s.

Schools

Sherwood has four elementary schools (Hawks View, Middleton, Archer Glen, Ridges), one middle school, and one high school, Sherwood High School. Within the confines of the city, there is also a private grade-school, a public charter k-8 school (Sherwood Charter School) as well as two private religious schools (St. Francis Catholic School and St. Paul Lutheran School). The Sherwood School District also sponsors a program for at-risk youth in high school. The district also has an alternative school for teens having problems with the abuse of drugs or alcohol, and also caters to students in trouble with law enforcement. As of the 2017-2018 school year, there were between 500 and 600 students attending each of the four elementary school, 490 students at Laurel Ridge Middle School, 686 at Sherwood Middle School and 1,712 students enrolled at sherwood high School. The school district is part of the Sherwood Independent School District, which was formed in the 1970s. It was the first school district of its kind in the state of West Virginia. It is the largest school district in West Virginia, with more than 2,000 students enrolled in the school district. It also has a charter school for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The city is home to a number of non-profit organizations, including the West Virginia School for the Arts, which provides free and reduced-price lunches to the public. It has also been the site of several high school graduation ceremonies.

Air Quality, Water Quality, Superfund Sites & UV Index

The Air Quality index is in Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon = 36.5. These Air Quality index is based on annual reports from the EPA. Higher values are better (100=best). The number of ozone alert days is used as an indicator of air quality, as are the amounts of seven pollutants including particulates, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, lead, and volatile organic chemicals. The Water Quality Index is 53. A measure of the quality of an area’s water supply as rated by the EPA. Higher values are better (100=best). The EPA has a complex method of measuring the watershed quality, using 15 indicators such as pollutants, turbidity, sediments, and toxic discharges. The Superfund Sites Index is 98. Higher is better (100=best). Based upon the number and impact of EPA Superfund pollution sites in the county, including spending on the cleanup efforts. The UV Index in Sherwood = 3 and is a measure of an area's exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays. This is most often a combination of sunny weather, altitude, and latitude. The UV Index has been defined by the WHO (www.who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/radiation-the-ultraviolet-(uv)-index) and is uniform worldwide.

Employed

The most recent city population of 3,138 individuals with a median age of 33.8 age the population grows by 54.12% in Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon population since 2000 and are distributed over a density of 4,178.59 residents per square mile of area (1,613.51/km²). There are average 2.8 people per household in the 6,504 households with an average household income of $83,617 a year. The unemployment rate in Alabama is 9.40% of the available work force and has dropped -5.76% over the most recent 12-month period and the projected change in job supply over the next decade based on migration patterns, economic growth, and other factors will increase by 19.08%. The number of physicians in Sherwood per 100,000 population = 237.8.

Weather

The annual rainfall in Sherwood = 43 inches and the annual snowfall = 3.7 inches. The annual number of days with measurable precipitation (over .01 inch) = 150. The average number of days per year that are predominantly sunny = 142. 79 degrees Fahrenheit is the average daily high temperature for the month of July and 33.8 degrees Fahrenheit is the average daily low temperature for the month of January. The Comfort Index (higher=better) is 64, where higher values mean a more pleasant climate. The Comfort Index measure recognizes that humidity by itself isn't the problem. (Have you noticed nobody ever complains about the weather being 'cold and humid?) It's in the summertime that we notice the humidity the most, when it's hot and muggy. Our Comfort Index uses a combination of afternoon summer temperature and humidity to closely predict the effect that the humidity will have on people.

Median Home Cost

The percentage of housing units in Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon which are owned by the occupant = 75.59%. A housing unit is a house, apartment, mobile home, or room occupied as separate living quarters. The average age of homes = 10 years with median home cost = $263,930 and home appreciation of -11.82%. This is the value of the years most recent home sales data. Its important to note that this is not the average (or arithmetic mean). The median home price is the middle value when you arrange all the sales prices of homes from lowest to highest. This is a better indicator than the average, because the median is not changed as much by a few unusually high or low values. The property tax rate of $10.92 shown here is the rate per $1,000 of home value. If for simplification for example the tax rate is $14.00 and the home value is $250,000, the property tax would be $14.00 x ($250,000/1000), or $3500. This is the 'effective' tax rate.

Study

The local school district spends $3,863 per student. There are 19.4 students for each teacher in the school, 504 students for each Librarian and 523 students for each Counselor. 8.95% of the area’s population over the age of 25 with an Associate Degree or other 2-year college degree, 27.98% with a master’s degree, Ph.D. or other advanced college degree and 7.22% with high school diplomas or high school equivalency degrees (GEDs).

  • Sherwood's population in Washington County, Oregon of 3,185 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,99-fold to 3,138 residents after 120 years, according to the official 2020 census.

    Approximately 50.67% female residents and 49.33% male residents live in Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon.

    As of 2020 in Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon are married and the remaining 29.35% are single population.

  • 29 minutes is the average time that residents in Sherwood require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.36% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 6.75% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.61% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.21% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon, 75.59% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.09% are rented apartments, and the remaining 3.33% are vacant.

  • The 24.89% of the population in Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Schwan Food Co

3121 Cooper St, Punta Gorda, FL 33950

Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe

175 Littleton Rd, Westford, MA 01886

Los Pericos

2301 Valley Blvd, Pomona, CA 91768

The Concord Cheese Shop

29 Walden St, Concord, MA 01742

Ventura Foods

9000 NE Marx Dr, Portland, OR 97220