Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Sumner County

  •   State: 
    Tennessee
      County: 
    Sumner County
      Zips: 
    37077
    37031
    37022
    37048
    37186
    37148
    37066
    37075
      Coordinates: 
    36.46905126620092, -86.46055276723207
      Area total: 
    543.22 sq. mi., 1406.92 sq. km, 347658.24 acres
      Area land: 
    529.46 sq. mi., 1371.29 sq. km, 338852.48 acres
      Area water: 
    13.76 sq. mi., 35.64 sq. km, 8805.76 acres
      Established: 
    1786
      Capital seat: 

    Gallatin
    Address: 355 N Belvedere Dr
    County Administration Building
    Gallatin, TN 37066-5466
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 24 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Sumner County, Tennessee, United States

  •   Population: 
    196,281; Population change: 22.18% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    371 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $52,792
      Households: 
    61,085
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.50% per 102,069 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.25%
      GDP: 
    $6.13 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Sumner County's population of Tennessee of 28,663 residents in 1930 has increased 6,85-fold to 196,281 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.70% female residents and 49.30% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.22% in Sumner County, Tennessee are married and the remaining 35.78% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.22% in Sumner County, Tennessee are married and the remaining 35.78% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    78,995 residential units of which 94.27% share occupied residential units.

    29.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Sumner County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.64% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.92% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.32% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.18% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sumner County, Tennessee 71.64% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.21% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.15% are vacant.

  • The 42.86% of the population in Sumner County, Tennessee who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.730%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 31.900%) of those eligible to vote in Sumner County, Tennessee.

Skyline of Sumner County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

MBC Food Machinery Corporation

78 Mckinley St, Hackensack, NJ 07601

The HoneyBaked Ham Co.

4959 Mowry Ave, Fremont, CA 94538

Bakewell Food Court

6427 Old Winter Garden Rd, Orlando, FL 32835

Rachel Riley New York Inc

1286 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10128

Tankinz Noodle MFG. LLC

511 W 500 N, Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Landscape of Tennessee