Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Oconee County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
      County: 
    Oconee County
      Zips: 
    29665
    29633
    29679
    29658
    29686
    29664
    29643
    29676
    29696
    29693
    29691
    29672
    29678
      Coordinates: 
    34.75350037438026, -83.06590240799582
      Area total: 
    673.71 sq. mi., 1744.90 sq. km, 431173.12 acres
      Area land: 
    626.52 sq. mi., 1622.67 sq. km, 400971.52 acres
      Area water: 
    47.19 sq. mi., 122.22 sq. km, 30201.60 acres
      Established: 
    1868
      Capital seat: 

    Walhalla
    Address: 415 S Pine St
    County Courthouse
    Walhalla, SC 29691-2145
    Governing Body: County Council with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Oconee County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    78,607; Population change: 5.84% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    125 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,710
      Households: 
    30,253
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 35,056 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.68 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Oconee County's population of South Carolina of 28,916 residents in 1930 has increased 2,72-fold to 78,607 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.83% female residents and 49.17% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.95% in Oconee County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 34.05% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.95% in Oconee County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 34.05% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    40,788 residential units of which 81.50% share occupied residential units.

    24.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Oconee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.67% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.52% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.27% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.12% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Oconee County, South Carolina 64.74% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.05% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.22% are vacant.

  • The 57.22% of the population in Oconee County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 67.980%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.450%) of those eligible to vote in Oconee County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Oconee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Saratoga Potato Chip

6923 Lincoln Pkwy, Fort Wayne, IN 46804

Diamond Crystal Brands

1600 2nd St NE, Bondurant, IA 50035

AltaFoodcraft Coffee Service

704 W Southern Ave, Orange, CA 92867

Vsp Products Inc

3324 Orestimba Rd, Newman, CA 95360

Sweegen Inc

30452 Esperanza, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

Landscape of South Carolina