Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson County

  •   State: 
    Pennsylvania
      County: 
    Jefferson County
      Zips: 
    15730
    15744
    15744
    15733
    15744
    15778
    15780
    15781
    15847
    15764
    15730
    15770
    15784
    15863
    15711
    15828
    15715
    15829
    15864
    15865
    15860
    15840
    15824
    15851
    15825
    15767
      Coordinates: 
    41.12814526147496, -78.99942157330118
      Area total: 
    656.80 sq. mi., 1701.11 sq. km, 420352.00 acres
      Area land: 
    652.44 sq. mi., 1689.80 sq. km, 417558.40 acres
      Area water: 
    4.37 sq. mi., 11.31 sq. km, 2793.60 acres
      Established: 
    1804
      Capital seat: 

    Brookville
    Address: 155 Main St, Jefferson Place
    County Courthouse Annex
    Brookville, PA 15825-1281
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Jefferson County, Pennsylvania, United States

  •   Population: 
    44,492; Population change: -1.57% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    68 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,596
      Households: 
    18,503
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.80% per 20,056 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.57%
      GDP: 
    $1.60 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson County's population of Pennsylvania of 52,114 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,85-fold to 44,492 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.96% female residents and 49.04% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.05% in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 38.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.05% in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 38.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    22,005 residential units of which 85.10% share occupied residential units.

    23.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.85% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.30% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.18% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.35% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania 63.33% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.40% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.27% are vacant.

  • The 51.92% of the population in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 63.760%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 34.090%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania.

Skyline of Jefferson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Circle U Foods Inc

3200 Meacham Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76137

AB Vannoy Hams

1008 S Jefferson Ave, West Jefferson, NC 28694

World Food Trucks

5805 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746

Beef & Brew

3194 N Hwy 97, Bend, OR 97701

PCN Food Services

220 N Buhl Farm Dr # 220, Hermitage, PA 16148

Landscape of Pennsylvania