Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Putnam County

  •   State: 
    Ohio
      County: 
    Putnam County
      Zips: 
    45837
    45893
    45875
    45864
    45848
    45827
    45876
    45831
    45853
    45877
    45844
    45830
    45856
    45875
      Coordinates: 
    41.02208070873152, -84.13173167470488
      Area total: 
    484.30 sq. mi., 1254.33 sq. km, 309951.36 acres
      Area land: 
    482.54 sq. mi., 1249.78 sq. km, 308828.16 acres
      Area water: 
    1.76 sq. mi., 4.54 sq. km, 1123.20 acres
      Established: 
    1820
      Capital seat: 

    Ottawa
    Address: 245 E Main St
    County Courthouse
    Ottawa, OH 45875-1996
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Putnam County, Ohio, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,451; Population change: -0.14% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    71 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $52,814
      Households: 
    12,670
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.60% per 18,720 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.87%
      GDP: 
    $1.15 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Putnam County's population of Ohio of 25,074 residents in 1930 has increased 1,37-fold to 34,451 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.05% female residents and 49.95% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.03% in Putnam County, Ohio are married and the remaining 35.97% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.03% in Putnam County, Ohio are married and the remaining 35.97% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    13,824 residential units of which 93.87% share occupied residential units.

    22.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Putnam County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.63% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.02% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.39% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.75% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Putnam County, Ohio 79.71% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.91% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.38% are vacant.

  • The 77.74% of the population in Putnam County, Ohio who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 69.980%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 28.270%) of those eligible to vote in Putnam County, Ohio.

Skyline of Putnam County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

COWICHE GROWERS

251 Cowiche City Rd, Cowiche, WA 98923

Ropp Jersey Cheese

2676 Ropp Rd, Normal, IL 61761

P J Cheese Inc

1630 State Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223

Michigan Milk Producers Association

125 Depot St, Constantine, MI 49042

United Chocolate Corporation

4801 1st Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11232

Landscape of Ohio