Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Erie County

  •   State: 
    Ohio
      County: 
    Erie County
      Zips: 
    44871
    44871
    44816
    43438
    44814
    44824
    44846
    44839
    44089
    44870
      Coordinates: 
    41.470599945246974, -82.57634607729209
      Area total: 
    625.88 sq. mi., 1621.01 sq. km, 400560.64 acres
      Area land: 
    251.38 sq. mi., 651.07 sq. km, 160882.56 acres
      Area water: 
    374.50 sq. mi., 969.94 sq. km, 239678.08 acres
      Established: 
    1838
      Capital seat: 

    Sandusky
    Address: 323 Columbus Ave
    County Courthouse
    Sandusky, OH 44870-2602
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Erie County, Ohio, United States

  •   Population: 
    75,622; Population change: -1.89% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    301 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,535
      Households: 
    31,838
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.50% per 36,560 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    6.87%
      GDP: 
    $4.73 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Erie County's population of Ohio of 42,133 residents in 1930 has increased 1,79-fold to 75,622 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.26% female residents and 48.74% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.72% in Erie County, Ohio are married and the remaining 40.28% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.72% in Erie County, Ohio are married and the remaining 40.28% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    38,262 residential units of which 84.57% share occupied residential units.

    20.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Erie County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    88.35% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 6.97% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.49% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.38% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Erie County, Ohio 62.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.69% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.78% are vacant.

  • The 50.88% of the population in Erie County, Ohio who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.130%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 55.950%) of those eligible to vote in Erie County, Ohio.

Skyline of Erie County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

M W Wood Food Services Management

1 College Rd, La Plume, PA 18440

Anne P Meredith Swordfish

2703 Seventh St UNIT 235, Berkeley, CA 94710

Healthy Addictions

1281 E Magnolia St, Fort Collins, CO 80524

RMS Foods Inc

817 N Grimes St, Hobbs, NM 88240

Landscape of Ohio