Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Brown County

  •   State: 
    Ohio
      County: 
    Brown County
      Zips: 
    45115
    45119
    45131
    45168
    45101
    45118
    45130
    45167
    45171
    45154
    45121
      Coordinates: 
    38.93382789567435, -83.8672964803431
      Area total: 
    493.45 sq. mi., 1278.03 sq. km, 315808.64 acres
      Area land: 
    490.02 sq. mi., 1269.14 sq. km, 313610.88 acres
      Area water: 
    3.43 sq. mi., 8.90 sq. km, 2197.76 acres
      Established: 
    1817
      Capital seat: 

    Georgetown
    Address: 800 Mount Orab Pike
    County Administration Building
    Georgetown, OH 45121-1149
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Brown County, Ohio, United States

  •   Population: 
    43,676; Population change: -2.61% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    89 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,695
      Households: 
    16,588
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.20% per 19,407 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.87%
      GDP: 
    $755.94 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Brown County's population of Ohio of 20,148 residents in 1930 has increased 2,17-fold to 43,676 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.73% female residents and 49.27% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.05% in Brown County, Ohio are married and the remaining 36.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.05% in Brown County, Ohio are married and the remaining 36.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,324 residential units of which 88.77% share occupied residential units.

    37.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Brown County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.87% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.95% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.41% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Brown County, Ohio 69.23% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.54% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.23% are vacant.

  • The 27.03% of the population in Brown County, Ohio who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 60.460%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 37.210%) of those eligible to vote in Brown County, Ohio.

Skyline of Brown County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

J&J Snack Foods Corp.

361 Benigno Blvd, Bellmawr, NJ 08031

Jones Neitzel Co

1927 Westridge Dr, Irving, TX 75038

Yogurt Technologies

1202 Postoffice St, Galveston, TX 77550

Sws Foods Inc

2488 Foothill Blvd, La Verne, CA 91750

Putney Pasta

28 Vernon St # 434, Brattleboro, VT 05301

Landscape of Ohio