Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Rowan County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Rowan County
      Zips: 
    28125
    28145
    28039
    28041
    28072
    28146
    27054
    28071
    28125
    28159
    28088
    27013
    28138
    28023
    28146
    28147
    28144
      Coordinates: 
    35.63942631661824, -80.52475028343748
      Area total: 
    523.93 sq. mi., 1356.96 sq. km, 335312.00 acres
      Area land: 
    511.48 sq. mi., 1324.73 sq. km, 327347.20 acres
      Area water: 
    12.45 sq. mi., 32.23 sq. km, 7964.80 acres
      Established: 
    1753
      Capital seat: 

    Salisbury
    Address: 130 W Innes St
    County Administration Building
    Salisbury, NC 28144-4375
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Rowan County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    146,875; Population change: 6.10% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    287 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,836
      Households: 
    53,574
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 65,083 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $4.97 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Rowan County's population of North Carolina of 56,665 residents in 1930 has increased 2,59-fold to 146,875 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.88% female residents and 49.12% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.90% in Rowan County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 37.10% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.90% in Rowan County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 37.10% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    63,200 residential units of which 90.88% share occupied residential units.

    25.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Rowan County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.23% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.12% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.32% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.09% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Rowan County, North Carolina 67.39% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.51% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.09% are vacant.

  • The 47.31% of the population in Rowan County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 60.840%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 38.000%) of those eligible to vote in Rowan County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Rowan County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Vanguard Culinary Group Ltd

716 Whitfield St #1618, Fayetteville, NC 28306

Corona Nicole

170 E 17th St #200B, Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Monti Trentini USA LLC

40 E Chicago Ave # 404, Chicago, IL 60611

Dial Around the World

333 Elm St, Dedham, MA 02026

Gallardo Minimarket Corp

5630, 3478 Broadway, New York, NY 10031

Landscape of North Carolina