Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Davidson County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Davidson County
      Zips: 
    27293
    27373
    27361
    27294
    27351
    27374
    27299
    27239
    27295
    27292
    27360
      Coordinates: 
    35.79333207775819, -80.21275673355616
      Area total: 
    567.63 sq. mi., 1470.16 sq. km, 363285.12 acres
      Area land: 
    553.18 sq. mi., 1432.73 sq. km, 354034.56 acres
      Area water: 
    14.45 sq. mi., 37.44 sq. km, 9250.56 acres
      Established: 
    1822
      Capital seat: 

    Lexington
    Address: PO BOX 1067
    County Courthouse
    Lexington, NC 27293-1067
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Davidson County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    168,930; Population change: 3.72% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    305 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,462
      Households: 
    63,972
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.10% per 78,916 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $4.51 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Davidson County's population of North Carolina of 47,865 residents in 1930 has increased 3,53-fold to 168,930 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.07% female residents and 48.93% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.57% in Davidson County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.43% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.57% in Davidson County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.43% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    74,536 residential units of which 91.40% share occupied residential units.

    24.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Davidson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.88% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.15% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.26% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.72% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Davidson County, North Carolina 69.08% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.27% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.65% are vacant.

  • The 42.41% of the population in Davidson County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.230%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.710%) of those eligible to vote in Davidson County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Davidson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Hellim Cheese Factory

701 S Richard James Ave, Stroud, OK 74079

Advanced Nutrients

Denver, CO 80239

John Brooks Food Town

5555 Zuni Rd SE # 22, Albuquerque, NM 87108

Akerlow Cheese

419 Jefferson River Rd, Three Forks, MT 59752

Holly Hill Fruit Products Co. Inc

315 U.S. Hwy 17-92 N, Davenport, FL 33837

Landscape of North Carolina