Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Rockland County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Rockland County
      Zips: 
    10952
    10977
    10982
    10901
    10986
    10984
    10964
    10931
    10901
    10976
    10954
    10974
    10977
    10968
    10993
    10952
    10983
    10913
    10923
    10989
    10927
    10920
    10962
    10980
    10970
    10965
    10994
    10952
    10960
    10901
    10954
    10977
    10956
      Coordinates: 
    41.15254503301043, -74.02422041547155
      Area total: 
    199.25 sq. mi., 516.06 sq. km, 127521.28 acres
      Area land: 
    173.44 sq. mi., 449.22 sq. km, 111004.16 acres
      Area water: 
    25.81 sq. mi., 66.84 sq. km, 16517.12 acres
      Established: 
    1798
      Capital seat: 

    New City
    Address: 1 S Main St Ste 100
    County Courthouse
    New City, NY 10956-3549
    Governing Body: Legislature with 17 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Rockland County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    338,329; Population change: 8.55% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,951 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $82,935
      Households: 
    96,385
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 152,903 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.38%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $15.39 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Rockland County's population of New York of 59,599 residents in 1930 has increased 5,68-fold to 338,329 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.73% female residents and 49.27% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.42% in Rockland County, New York are married and the remaining 38.58% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.42% in Rockland County, New York are married and the remaining 38.58% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    108,068 residential units of which 95.26% share occupied residential units.

    35 minutes is the average time that residents in Rockland County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.03% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.01% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 8.17% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.56% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Rockland County, New York 69.64% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.72% are rented apartments, and the remaining 2.64% are vacant.

  • The 79.79% of the population in Rockland County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.710%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 52.610%) of those eligible to vote in Rockland County, New York.

Skyline of Rockland County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

SoFA Market

387 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113

Xintaste Hand-pull Noodle

72-38 Austin St, Forest Hills, NY 11375

Compass Group

1050 Miller Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

T A Morris Sons

50 Sawgrass Dr, Bellport, NY 11713

Western United Fish Co Inc

9411 8th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108

Landscape of New York