Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Clinton County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Clinton County
      Zips: 
    12911
    12911
    12911
    12924
    12933
    12955
    12924
    12955
    12978
    12952
    12923
    12985
    12934
    12959
    12929
    12910
    12972
    12918
    12935
    12981
    12958
    12962
    12912
    12921
    12979
    12992
    12903
    12919
    12901
      Coordinates: 
    44.74622316940467, -73.67817574520596
      Area total: 
    1117.53 sq. mi., 2894.38 sq. km, 715217.28 acres
      Area land: 
    1037.76 sq. mi., 2687.78 sq. km, 664164.48 acres
      Area water: 
    79.77 sq. mi., 206.60 sq. km, 51052.80 acres
      Established: 
    1788
      Capital seat: 

    Plattsburgh
    Address: 137 Margaret St
    County Government Center
    Plattsburgh, NY 12901-2975
    Governing Body: Legislature with 10 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Clinton County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    79,843; Population change: -2.78% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    77 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,559
      Households: 
    31,586
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.00% per 35,447 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $3.51 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Clinton County's population of New York of 46,687 residents in 1930 has increased 1,71-fold to 79,843 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.03% female residents and 50.97% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.25% in Clinton County, New York are married and the remaining 44.75% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.25% in Clinton County, New York are married and the remaining 44.75% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    37,315 residential units of which 87.32% share occupied residential units.

    21.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Clinton County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.44% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.64% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.31% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.17% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Clinton County, New York 61.48% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.47% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.05% are vacant.

  • The 66.70% of the population in Clinton County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 37.730%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 60.640%) of those eligible to vote in Clinton County, New York.

Skyline of Clinton County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Amazing Real Live Food Co

124 Chase Rd, Pine Plains, NY 12567

Distributor El Globo

2358 Springs Rd NE, Hickory, NC 28601

Dizzy Fish

349 Springs Fireplace Rd, East Hampton, NY 11937

Voss Pecans

10101 Slant Rd, Carlyle, IL 62231

Vanguard Culinary Group Ltd

716 Whitfield St #1618, Fayetteville, NC 28306

Landscape of New York