Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Broome County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Broome County
      Zips: 
    13737
    13763
    13762
    13826
    13794
    13851
    13813
    13744
    13777
    13745
    13802
    13902
    13746
    13797
    13833
    13787
    13795
    13748
    13865
    13862
    13754
    13760
    13904
    13903
    13790
    13905
    13760
    13850
    13901
      Coordinates: 
    42.16022161162153, -75.81957016147327
      Area total: 
    715.51 sq. mi., 1853.17 sq. km, 457928.96 acres
      Area land: 
    705.82 sq. mi., 1828.06 sq. km, 451724.16 acres
      Area water: 
    9.70 sq. mi., 25.11 sq. km, 6204.80 acres
      Established: 
    1806
      Capital seat: 

    Binghamton
    Address: PO Box 1766
    Binghamton, NY 13902-1766
    Governing Body: Legislature with 15 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Broome County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    198,683; Population change: -0.96% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    282 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,775
      Households: 
    79,842
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.70% per 81,897 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $8.85 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Broome County's population of New York of 147,022 residents in 1930 has increased 1,35-fold to 198,683 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.53% female residents and 48.47% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.07% in Broome County, New York are married and the remaining 45.93% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.07% in Broome County, New York are married and the remaining 45.93% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    92,569 residential units of which 88.68% share occupied residential units.

    20.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Broome County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.43% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.09% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.61% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.49% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Broome County, New York 59.22% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.90% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.89% are vacant.

  • The 53.82% of the population in Broome County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.110%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.140%) of those eligible to vote in Broome County, New York.

Skyline of Broome County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Quickstop

125 S River St, Hackensack, NJ 07601

Covered Bridge Maple Sugaring

6095 Lake Rd, Newport, VT 05857

Cheese Cave

325 N Yale Ave, Claremont, CA 91711

Adams Pecan LLC

Ellis St, Union Springs, AL 36089

Total Nutrition Technology

154 Park Center St, Leesburg, FL 34748

Landscape of New York