Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Allegany County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Allegany County
      Zips: 
    14708
    14721
    14745
    14884
    14707
    14714
    14774
    14884
    14786
    14754
    14777
    14717
    14897
    14711
    14822
    14804
    14880
    14739
    14744
    14715
    14709
    14803
    14806
    14735
    14802
    14813
    14727
    14895
      Coordinates: 
    42.2573734515223, -78.02754899145238
      Area total: 
    1034.38 sq. mi., 2679.03 sq. km, 662002.56 acres
      Area land: 
    1029.36 sq. mi., 2666.03 sq. km, 658790.40 acres
      Area water: 
    5.02 sq. mi., 13.00 sq. km, 3212.16 acres
      Established: 
    1806
      Capital seat: 

    Belmont
    Address: 7 Court St
    County Office Building Room 201
    Belmont, NY 14813-1044
    Governing Body: Legislature with 15 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Allegany County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    46,456; Population change: -5.09% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    45 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,074
      Households: 
    18,120
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 19,038 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.50%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $1.40 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Allegany County's population of New York of 38,025 residents in 1930 has increased 1,22-fold to 46,456 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.73% female residents and 50.27% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.92% in Allegany County, New York are married and the remaining 45.08% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.92% in Allegany County, New York are married and the remaining 45.08% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    23,454 residential units of which 75.33% share occupied residential units.

    23.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Allegany County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    70.47% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.64% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.69% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.04% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Allegany County, New York 54.11% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.97% are rented apartments, and the remaining 26.92% are vacant.

  • The 34.39% of the population in Allegany County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.830%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 38.120%) of those eligible to vote in Allegany County, New York.

Skyline of Allegany County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Sweegen Inc

30452 Esperanza, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

Food Trade Consultants

31214 Paseo Adelanto #6, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

Palmer Foodservice

310 Stanley Blvd, Shelbyville, TN 37160

Midwest Foodservice Sales

1211 Remington Blvd, Romeoville, IL 60446

One Walnut

1801 E 9th St, Cleveland, OH 44114

Landscape of New York