Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Albany County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Albany County
      Zips: 
    12227
    12229
    12233
    12234
    12238
    12239
    12240
    12055
    12255
    12107
    12228
    12236
    12237
    12246
    12128
    12469
    12224
    12247
    12288
    12007
    12231
    12235
    12248
    12212
    12220
    12230
    12469
    12120
    12161
    12242
    12041
    12226
    12201
    12223
    12045
    12183
    12260
    12046
    12222
    12110
    12147
    12059
    12085
    12193
    12067
    12023
    12211
    12183
    12158
    12209
    12204
    12143
    12205
    12186
    12084
    12204
    12077
    12159
    12202
    12009
    12211
    12189
    12047
    12054
    12210
    12206
    12207
    12208
    12203
    12110
    12205
      Coordinates: 
    42.600176302113965, -73.97355865301954
      Area total: 
    533.30 sq. mi., 1381.25 sq. km, 341313.28 acres
      Area land: 
    522.83 sq. mi., 1354.12 sq. km, 334610.56 acres
      Area water: 
    10.47 sq. mi., 27.12 sq. km, 6702.72 acres
      Established: 
    1683
      Capital seat: 

    Albany
    Address: 112 State St Room 1200
    County Office Building
    Albany, NY 12207-2005
    Governing Body: Legislature with 39 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Albany County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    314,848; Population change: 3.50% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    602 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $53,603
      Households: 
    123,720
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 157,326 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $29.27 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Albany County's population of New York of 211,953 residents in 1930 has increased 1,49-fold to 314,848 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.85% female residents and 48.15% male residents live in as of 2020, 52.58% in Albany County, New York are married and the remaining 47.42% are single population.

    As of 2020, 52.58% in Albany County, New York are married and the remaining 47.42% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    146,131 residential units of which 90.89% share occupied residential units.

    22.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Albany County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.86% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.78% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 5.42% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.62% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Albany County, New York 54.02% are owner-occupied homes, another 38.63% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.35% are vacant.

  • The 61.40% of the population in Albany County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 34.350%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 63.790%) of those eligible to vote in Albany County, New York.

Skyline of Albany County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

American Food Equipment & Supply

1372 N Goldenrod Rd Suite #23, Orlando, FL 32807

Dodge Pecan Company

1930 Cochran Hwy, Eastman, GA 31023

Wisconsin Cheese Co

135 Wisconsin St, Merrimac, WI 53561

ADM - Global Headquarters

77 W Wacker Dr #4600, Chicago, IL 60601

Lemon Grass Noodle House

1137 Main St, Stevens Point, WI 54481

Landscape of New York