Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Sussex County

  •   State: 
    New Jersey
      County: 
    Sussex County
      Zips: 
    07874
    07851
    07890
    07855
    07837
    07877
    07879
    07428
    07839
    07851
    07875
    07860
    07826
    07418
    07821
    07439
    07460
    07821
    07422
    07822
    07821
    07827
    07461
    07843
    07848
    07416
    07419
    07874
    07826
    07462
    07461
    07871
    07871
    07860
      Coordinates: 
    41.13930226094242, -74.69089215678274
      Area total: 
    535.44 sq. mi., 1386.79 sq. km, 342682.24 acres
      Area land: 
    518.75 sq. mi., 1343.56 sq. km, 332001.92 acres
      Area water: 
    16.69 sq. mi., 43.22 sq. km, 10680.32 acres
      Established: 
    1753
      Capital seat: 

    Newton
    Address: One Spring Street
    County Administration Center
    Newton, NJ 07860-2070
    Governing Body: Board of Freeholders with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Sussex County, New Jersey, United States

  •   Population: 
    144,221; Population change: -3.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    277.9 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $79,502
      Households: 
    54,790
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.40% per 73,836 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.97%
      GDP: 
    $4.44 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Sussex County's population of New Jersey of 27,830 residents in 1930 has increased 5,18-fold to 144,221 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.29% female residents and 49.71% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.45% in Sussex County, New Jersey are married and the remaining 35.55% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.45% in Sussex County, New Jersey are married and the remaining 35.55% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    62,709 residential units of which 89.17% share occupied residential units.

    41.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Sussex County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.94% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.41% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.41% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.35% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sussex County, New Jersey 74.24% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.47% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.29% are vacant.

  • The 42.37% of the population in Sussex County, New Jersey who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.370%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 38.750%) of those eligible to vote in Sussex County, New Jersey.

Skyline of Sussex County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Pasta & Co.

3502 Kerbey Ln, Austin, TX 78731

Jerky Snack Shack

21 River St, Helen, GA 30545

Finerson Brothers Foods

3105 Calvert Ave, Breckenridge Hills, MO 63114

Neetos Cafe

71 Stevenson St #100, San Francisco, CA 94105

CMI New York

18 Homeward Ln, Weston, CT 06883

Landscape of New Jersey