Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Greene County

  •   State: 
    Greene County
    37.258049020116765, -93.34199026511433
      Area total: 
    677.88 sq. mi., 1755.70 sq. km, 433843.20 acres
      Area land: 
    675.33 sq. mi., 1749.09 sq. km, 432209.28 acres
      Area water: 
    2.55 sq. mi., 6.61 sq. km, 1633.92 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 940 N Boonville Ave
    County Courthouse
    Springfield, MO 65802-3802
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Greene County, Missouri, United States

  •   Population: 
    298,915; Population change: 8.63% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    443 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.30% per 150,766 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $14.92 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Greene County's population of Missouri of 82,929 residents in 1930 has increased 3,6-fold to 298,915 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.38% female residents and 48.62% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.26% in Greene County, Missouri are married and the remaining 42.74% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.26% in Greene County, Missouri are married and the remaining 42.74% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    136,450 residential units of which 92.36% share occupied residential units.

    21.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Greene County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.83% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.06% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.73% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.31% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Greene County, Missouri 60.30% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.79% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.90% are vacant.

  • The 54.10% of the population in Greene County, Missouri who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 57.060%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 41.260%) of those eligible to vote in Greene County, Missouri.

Skyline of Greene County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Amalgamated Sugar Co

138 W Karcher Rd, Nampa, Idaho 83687

Great Lakes Cheese Co Inc

17825 Great Lakes Pkwy, Hiram, OH 44234

Torn & Glasser

1622 E Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90021

Custom Craft Poultry

3064 E Main St, Batesville, AR 72501

Tascali's Decades Pasta & GRL

6007 US-60 #312, Barboursville, WV 25504

Landscape of Missouri