Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Becker County

  •   State: 
    Minnesota
      County: 
    Becker County
      Zips: 
    56593
    56502
    56591
    56578
    56575
    56521
    56570
    56569
    56511
    56554
    56544
    56501
      Coordinates: 
    46.934653471246044, -95.67391707846137
      Area total: 
    1445.18 sq. mi., 3743.01 sq. km, 924917.12 acres
      Area land: 
    1315.08 sq. mi., 3406.05 sq. km, 841653.76 acres
      Area water: 
    130.10 sq. mi., 336.95 sq. km, 83263.36 acres
      Established: 
    1858
      Capital seat: 

    Detroit Lakes
    Address: 915 Lake Ave
    County Courthouse
    Detroit Lakes, MN 56501-3403
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Becker County, Minnesota, United States

  •   Population: 
    35,183; Population change: 8.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    27 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,927
      Households: 
    13,161
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 18,817 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    7.85%
      GDP: 
    $1.38 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Becker County's population of Minnesota of 22,503 residents in 1930 has increased 1,56-fold to 35,183 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.15% female residents and 49.85% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.78% in Becker County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 38.22% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.78% in Becker County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 38.22% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,620 residential units of which 73.25% share occupied residential units.

    24.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Becker County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.38% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.68% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.37% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.17% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Becker County, Minnesota 57.23% are owner-occupied homes, another 13.46% are rented apartments, and the remaining 29.31% are vacant.

  • The 71.58% of the population in Becker County, Minnesota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.170%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.310%) of those eligible to vote in Becker County, Minnesota.

Skyline of Becker County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Mushroom Patch

11600 Riverwood Dr SE, Lyons, OR 97358

Mad Swirls Frozen Yogurt

3971 Pontchartrain Dr, Slidell, LA 70458

Cold Spring Cheese Shop

104 Main St, Cold Spring, NY 10516

Dixie Peanut Producers Inc

208 E 10th St, Ocilla, GA 31774

Pizzeria & Taste of Manila

8420 Bowdoin Way, Edmonds, WA 98026

Landscape of Minnesota