Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Washtenaw County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Washtenaw County
      Zips: 
    48106
    48108
    48197
    48198
    48105
    48113
    48190
    48197
    48175
    48107
    48106
    48191
    48198
    48158
    48160
    48189
    48130
    48118
    48198
    48176
    48105
    48109
    48108
    48197
    48103
    48104
      Coordinates: 
    42.25322530946116, -83.83877049869707
      Area total: 
    722.42 sq. mi., 1871.06 sq. km, 462350.08 acres
      Area land: 
    705.96 sq. mi., 1828.44 sq. km, 451816.96 acres
      Area water: 
    16.46 sq. mi., 42.63 sq. km, 10533.12 acres
      Established: 
    1826
      Capital seat: 

    Ann Arbor
    Address: 220 N. Main, PO Box 8645
    County Courthouse
    Ann Arbor, MI 48104-8645
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Washtenaw County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    372,258; Population change: 7.97% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    527 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $60,691
      Households: 
    138,261
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.40% per 193,659 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $22.43 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washtenaw County's population of Michigan of 65,530 residents in 1930 has increased 5,68-fold to 372,258 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.91% female residents and 50.09% male residents live in as of 2020, 50.54% in Washtenaw County, Michigan are married and the remaining 49.46% are single population.

    As of 2020, 50.54% in Washtenaw County, Michigan are married and the remaining 49.46% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    156,882 residential units of which 94.24% share occupied residential units.

    24.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Washtenaw County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.55% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.41% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.94% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.57% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washtenaw County, Michigan 57.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 36.34% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.88% are vacant.

  • The 32.13% of the population in Washtenaw County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 28.760%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 69.620%) of those eligible to vote in Washtenaw County, Michigan.

Skyline of Washtenaw County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Hiatt's Canning Co

1017 Spry Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27107

Snack Nook

3411 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109

Kohala Town Center

54-3886 Akoni Pule Hwy, Kapaau, HI 96755

Dole Packaged Foods LLC

7916 Bellevue Rd, Winton, CA 95388

The Redstone Group

2618 S Raritan Cir, Englewood, CO 80110

Landscape of Michigan