Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Washington County

  •   State: 
    Maine
      County: 
    Washington County
      Zips: 
    04628
    04413
    04492
    04668
    04490
    04686
    04413
    04637
    04657
    04491
    04671
    04626
    04611
    04623
    04691
    04606
    04628
    04648
    04623
    04655
    04666
    04667
    04424
    04668
    04643
    04680
    04630
    04622
    04649
    04694
    04658
    04652
    04631
    04619
    04654
      Coordinates: 
    44.969459167147974, -67.6090594718881
      Area total: 
    3257.67 sq. mi., 8437.32 sq. km, 2084906.24 acres
      Area land: 
    2562.73 sq. mi., 6637.43 sq. km, 1640145.28 acres
      Area water: 
    694.94 sq. mi., 1799.88 sq. km, 444760.96 acres
      Established: 
    1789
      Capital seat: 

    Machias
    Address: PO Box 297
    85 Court St
    Machias, ME
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Washington County, Maine, United States

  •   Population: 
    31,095; Population change: -5.36% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    12 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $32,029
      Households: 
    14,307
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 13,408 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.04 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washington County's population of Maine of 37,826 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,82-fold to 31,095 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.33% female residents and 48.67% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.08% in Washington County, Maine are married and the remaining 41.92% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.08% in Washington County, Maine are married and the remaining 41.92% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    21,594 residential units of which 63.71% share occupied residential units.

    21.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Washington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.27% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.20% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.52% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.03% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washington County, Maine 49.37% are owner-occupied homes, another 13.89% are rented apartments, and the remaining 36.74% are vacant.

  • The 23.83% of the population in Washington County, Maine who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.500%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.510%) of those eligible to vote in Washington County, Maine.

Skyline of Washington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Tifton Peanut Co Inc

30 US-319, Tifton, GA 31794

Terrapin Ridge Farms

1212 S Myrtle Ave, Clearwater, FL 33756

Food Swing Inc

904 Woods Rd, Cambridge, MD 21613

California Fruit Depot

10850 Redbank Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93307

West Liberty Foods LLC

228 W 2nd St, West Liberty, IA 52776

Landscape of Maine