Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Waldo County

  •   State: 
    Maine
      County: 
    Waldo County
      Zips: 
    04850
    04921
    04981
    04941
    04915
    04987
    04941
    04922
    04986
    04915
    04951
    04921
    04949
    04952
    04438
    04952
    04973
    04354
    04986
    04981
    04848
    04849
    04988
    04496
    04849
    04974
    04915
      Coordinates: 
    44.48524706688681, -69.12188078583581
      Area total: 
    852.76 sq. mi., 2208.63 sq. km, 545765.12 acres
      Area land: 
    729.97 sq. mi., 1890.62 sq. km, 467181.44 acres
      Area water: 
    122.79 sq. mi., 318.02 sq. km, 78583.68 acres
      Established: 
    1827
      Capital seat: 

    Belfast
    Address: 39B Spring St
    Belfast, ME 04915-6439
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Waldo County, Maine, United States

  •   Population: 
    39,607; Population change: 2.12% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    54 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,617
      Households: 
    16,370
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.20% per 19,961 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.19 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Waldo County's population of Maine of 20,286 residents in 1930 has increased 1,95-fold to 39,607 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.95% female residents and 49.05% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.59% in Waldo County, Maine are married and the remaining 40.41% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.59% in Waldo County, Maine are married and the remaining 40.41% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    21,921 residential units of which 78.20% share occupied residential units.

    27.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Waldo County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.07% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.21% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.22% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.91% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Waldo County, Maine 63.17% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.60% are rented apartments, and the remaining 21.23% are vacant.

  • The 12.29% of the population in Waldo County, Maine who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 43.130%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 54.770%) of those eligible to vote in Waldo County, Maine.

Skyline of Waldo County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Stone Enterprises Inc

10011 J St, Omaha, NE 68127

Hansen's Foods

Dalton, MN 56324

Good Guys Provision Co Inc

48-50 Newmarket Square, Boston, MA 02118

Triple T Marketing

118 Lower Woodville Rd # 1, Natchez, MS 39120

Landscape of Maine