Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Knox County

  •   State: 
    Maine
      County: 
    Knox County
      Zips: 
    04851
    04855
    04865
    04645
    04859
    04853
    04547
    04860
    04563
    04862
    04860
    04858
    04854
    04574
    04847
    04863
    04862
    04864
    04861
    04856
    04843
    04841
      Coordinates: 
    44.02729876675273, -69.01554749806009
      Area total: 
    1143.94 sq. mi., 2962.80 sq. km, 732124.16 acres
      Area land: 
    365.14 sq. mi., 945.70 sq. km, 233687.04 acres
      Area water: 
    778.81 sq. mi., 2017.10 sq. km, 498437.12 acres
      Established: 
    1860
      Capital seat: 

    Rockland
    Address: 62 Union Street
    Superior Court
    Rockland, ME 04841-2836
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Knox County, Maine, United States

  •   Population: 
    40,607; Population change: 2.19% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    111 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,183
      Households: 
    17,601
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 19,535 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.60 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Knox County's population of Maine of 27,693 residents in 1930 has increased 1,47-fold to 40,607 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.65% female residents and 49.35% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.32% in Knox County, Maine are married and the remaining 40.68% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.32% in Knox County, Maine are married and the remaining 40.68% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    24,255 residential units of which 73.73% share occupied residential units.

    20.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Knox County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    74.44% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.11% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.42% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.14% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Knox County, Maine 56.32% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.33% are rented apartments, and the remaining 24.35% are vacant.

  • The 25.17% of the population in Knox County, Maine who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 38.360%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 59.740%) of those eligible to vote in Knox County, Maine.

Skyline of Knox County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Burch Food Services

AR-18, Jonesboro, AR 72401

R w Garcia Co

100 Enterprise Way, Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Kruegermann Pickles

2824 Gilroy St, Los Angeles, CA 90039

Sunshine Burger

701 Jones Ave, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538

Universal Pure

1601 Pioneers Blvd, Lincoln, NE 68502

Landscape of Maine