Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hancock County

  •   State: 
    Maine
      County: 
    Hancock County
      Zips: 
    04672
    04420
    04660
    04629
    04408
    04644
    04635
    04408
    04613
    04625
    04683
    04624
    04431
    04677
    04642
    04673
    04674
    04650
    04675
    04646
    04669
    04416
    04612
    04653
    04684
    04685
    04634
    04476
    04617
    04616
    04676
    04605
    04664
    04693
    04607
    04472
    04421
    04660
    04681
    04627
    04662
    04640
    04605
    04416
    04679
    04614
    04609
    04605
      Coordinates: 
    44.56288670595299, -68.36820796435153
      Area total: 
    2344.93 sq. mi., 6073.34 sq. km, 1500755.84 acres
      Area land: 
    1587.13 sq. mi., 4110.64 sq. km, 1015760.64 acres
      Area water: 
    757.81 sq. mi., 1962.70 sq. km, 484995.20 acres
      Established: 
    1789
      Capital seat: 

    Ellsworth
    Address: 50 State Street
    Ellsworth, ME 04605-1926
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Hancock County, Maine, United States

  •   Population: 
    55,478; Population change: 1.95% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    35 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,024
      Households: 
    23,536
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.70% per 27,648 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.50%
      GDP: 
    $2.21 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hancock County's population of Maine of 30,721 residents in 1930 has increased 1,81-fold to 55,478 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.93% female residents and 49.07% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.86% in Hancock County, Maine are married and the remaining 41.14% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.86% in Hancock County, Maine are married and the remaining 41.14% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    40,133 residential units of which 62.16% share occupied residential units.

    24.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Hancock County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.02% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.24% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.58% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.26% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hancock County, Maine 48.27% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.45% are rented apartments, and the remaining 36.28% are vacant.

  • The 25.67% of the population in Hancock County, Maine who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 39.440%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 58.740%) of those eligible to vote in Hancock County, Maine.

Skyline of Hancock County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Hutch N Son Inc

4505 Brandt Rd, Brawley, CA 92227

Fish Etc

1141 Forest Ave, Chico, CA 95928

Total Convenience Market

327 US Hwy 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602

Triple T Marketing

118 Lower Woodville Rd # 1, Natchez, MS 39120

Knowles Bill

7175 S Peach Ave, Fowler, CA 93625

Landscape of Maine