Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Rapides Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Rapides Parish
      Zips: 
    71306
    71427
    71348
    71448
    71455
    71466
    71309
    71427
    71472
    71315
    71330
    71361
    71477
    71424
    71438
    71447
    71325
    71485
    71328
    71433
    71430
    71346
    71409
    71405
    71302
    71303
    71360
    71301
      Coordinates: 
    31.198585165554, -92.53319318960943
      Area total: 
    1361.66 sq. mi., 3526.68 sq. km, 871460.48 acres
      Area land: 
    1320.34 sq. mi., 3419.68 sq. km, 845020.16 acres
      Area water: 
    41.31 sq. mi., 107.00 sq. km, 26440.32 acres
      Established: 
    1807
      Capital seat: 

    Alexandria
    Address: 701 Murray Street
    Suite 201
    Alexandria, LA
    Governing Body: Police Jury with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Rapides Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    130,023; Population change: -1.21% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    98 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,960
      Households: 
    51,380
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 55,157 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $5.22 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Rapides Parish's population of Louisiana of 65,455 residents in 1930 has increased 1,99-fold to 130,023 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.89% female residents and 48.11% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.74% in Rapides Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.26% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.74% in Rapides Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.26% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    57,935 residential units of which 88.49% share occupied residential units.

    24.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Rapides Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.62% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.74% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.26% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.42% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Rapides Parish, Louisiana 62.38% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.93% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.69% are vacant.

  • The 61.34% of the population in Rapides Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 63.650%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 34.990%) of those eligible to vote in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Rapides Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Mid Continent Food Tech

4717 Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46226

Mario Camacho Foods

2502 Walden Woods Dr, Plant City, FL 33566

Ideal Sales Inc

7075 Twin Hills Ave # 200, Dallas, TX 75231

Mr Luigi's Ravioli

5417 W 25th St, Cicero, IL 60804

TORTILLERÍA JALISCO

27040 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34135

Landscape of Louisiana