Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Ouachita Parish

  •   State: 
    Ouachita Parish
    32.478392597498, -92.15490558330987
      Area total: 
    631.75 sq. mi., 1636.23 sq. km, 404320.64 acres
      Area land: 
    610.40 sq. mi., 1580.93 sq. km, 390657.28 acres
      Area water: 
    21.35 sq. mi., 55.29 sq. km, 13663.36 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: PO BOX 3007
    Parish Courthouse
    Monroe, LA 71210-3007
    Governing Body: Police Jury with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    160,368; Population change: 4.32% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    263 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.40% per 69,823 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $6.61 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Ouachita Parish's population of Louisiana of 54,337 residents in 1930 has increased 2,95-fold to 160,368 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.44% female residents and 47.56% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.10% in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.90% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.10% in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.90% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    70,028 residential units of which 89.47% share occupied residential units.

    22.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Ouachita Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.10% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.34% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.70% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana 58.50% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.23% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.27% are vacant.

  • The 55.56% of the population in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.070%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.900%) of those eligible to vote in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Ouachita Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Creative Concepts

6615 Marine View Dr, Edmonds, WA 98026

Dure Foods Us LLC

6967 Alum Creek Dr, Columbus, OH 43217

American Franchise Concepts

4780 Ashford Dunwoody Rd a276, Atlanta, GA 30338

Michigan Merchandisers Inc

51221 Washington St, New Baltimore, MI 48047

Nanak Subzi Mandi Inc

2605 Street Rd, Cornwells Heights, PA 19020

Landscape of Louisiana