Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Jefferson Parish
      Zips: 
    70073
    70096
    70010
    70055
    70064
    70009
    70073
    70054
    70059
    70063
    70183
    70004
    70011
    70033
    70036
    70094
    70094
    70067
    70358
    70123
    70123
    70121
    70056
    70094
    70123
    70121
    70056
    70123
    70003
    70053
    70065
    70005
    70006
    70058
    70072
    70062
    70001
    70002
      Coordinates: 
    29.677452049185547, -90.09776703305423
      Area total: 
    642.04 sq. mi., 1662.87 sq. km, 410903.68 acres
      Area land: 
    295.70 sq. mi., 765.85 sq. km, 189245.44 acres
      Area water: 
    346.34 sq. mi., 897.02 sq. km, 221658.24 acres
      Established: 
    1825
      Capital seat: 

    Gretna
    Address: 200 Derbigny Street
    General Government Building
    Gretna, LA 70053-5850
    Governing Body: Council with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    440,781; Population change: 1.90% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1489.125 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,278
      Households: 
    173,172
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.30% per 211,563 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $21.80 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson Parish's population of Louisiana of 40,032 residents in 1930 has increased 11,01-fold to 440,781 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.03% female residents and 47.97% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.55% in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 46.45% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.55% in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 46.45% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    193,878 residential units of which 91.82% share occupied residential units.

    27 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.69% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.65% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.47% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.03% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana 59.81% are owner-occupied homes, another 33.81% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.39% are vacant.

  • The 55.40% of the population in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.500%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 35.940%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Jefferson Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Food-A-Licious

611 Pennsylvania Ave, Matamoras, PA 18336

Wild Sage Foods Inc

16 Miller Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941

Cherokee Nation Food Distribution

900 Owen Walters Blvd, Salina, OK 74365

Case Farms Growout Breeder & Live Production

602 N Breazeale Ave, Mt Olive, NC 28365

Sosa Mediterranean foods

514 E St Elmo Rd, Austin, TX 78745

Landscape of Louisiana