Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Knox County

  •   State: 
    Knox County
    36.890666016510735, -83.85404583332735
      Area total: 
    387.75 sq. mi., 1004.27 sq. km, 248159.36 acres
      Area land: 
    386.30 sq. mi., 1000.52 sq. km, 247234.56 acres
      Area water: 
    1.45 sq. mi., 3.74 sq. km, 924.80 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: PO BOX 173
    County Courthouse
    Barbourville, KY 40906-0173
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Knox County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    30,193; Population change: -5.30% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    78 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.20% per 9,962 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $585.94 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Knox County's population of Kentucky of 9,093 residents in 1930 has increased 1,63-fold to 14,867 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.40% female residents and 48.60% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.38% in Knox County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.62% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.38% in Knox County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.62% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    13,723 residential units of which 87.79% share occupied residential units.

    26 minutes is the average time that residents in Knox County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.49% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.27% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.42% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.68% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Knox County, Kentucky 64.29% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.45% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.26% are vacant.

  • The 56.46% of the population in Knox County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 71.560%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 26.990%) of those eligible to vote in Knox County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Knox County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

The Ready Store

2975 Executive Pkwy Suite 183, Lehi, UT 84043

Mc Kibben Ron

1635 Rd 18, Continental, OH 45831

Total Nutrition Technology

154 Park Center St, Leesburg, FL 34748

Quest Food Management Services

2500 S Highland Ave #250, Lombard, IL 60148

Gorham Food Pantry

299 Main St, Gorham, ME 04038

Landscape of Kentucky