Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Douglas County

  •   State: 
    Kansas
      County: 
    Douglas County
      Zips: 
    66050
    66045
    66025
    66006
    66047
    66046
    66049
    66044
      Coordinates: 
    38.88465949646802, -95.29260632933469
      Area total: 
    474.64 sq. mi., 1229.30 sq. km, 303767.68 acres
      Area land: 
    455.77 sq. mi., 1180.43 sq. km, 291689.60 acres
      Area water: 
    18.87 sq. mi., 48.88 sq. km, 12078.08 acres
      Established: 
    1855
      Capital seat: 

    Lawrence
    Address: 1100 Massachusetts St
    County Courthouse
    Lawrence, KS 66044-3040
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Douglas County, Kansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    118,785; Population change: 7.18% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    260.5 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,198
      Households: 
    1,278
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.10% per 64,225 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.30%
      Income taxes: 
    6.45%
      GDP: 
    $4.46 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Douglas County's population of Kansas of 7,295 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,4-fold to 2,907 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.28% female residents and 49.72% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.29% in Douglas County, Kansas are married and the remaining 35.71% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.29% in Douglas County, Kansas are married and the remaining 35.71% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    52,846 residential units of which 91.88% share occupied residential units.

    21.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Douglas County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.23% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.23% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.89% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.78% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Douglas County, Kansas 51.13% are owner-occupied homes, another 45.00% are rented apartments, and the remaining 3.87% are vacant.

  • The 28.32% of the population in Douglas County, Kansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 33.580%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 64.420%) of those eligible to vote in Douglas County, Kansas.

Skyline of Douglas County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Continental Foods

Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679

DSM Nutritional Products LLC

2105 Technology Dr, Schenectady, NY 12308

STEAM Noodle Cafe

286 Main St, Great Barrington, MA 01230

Fromagination

12 S Carroll St, Madison, WI 53703

Mak's Meats & Cheese

2 Center St, Cuba, NY 14727

Landscape of Kansas