Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lee County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Lee County
      Zips: 
    52648
    52657
    52619
    52624
    52631
    52639
    52658
    52625
    52656
    52632
    52627
      Coordinates: 
    40.641982218402056, -91.47926449046331
      Area total: 
    538.89 sq. mi., 1395.72 sq. km, 344888.96 acres
      Area land: 
    517.55 sq. mi., 1340.45 sq. km, 331232.00 acres
      Area water: 
    21.34 sq. mi., 55.27 sq. km, 13656.96 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Fort Madison and Keokuk
    Address: 933 Avenue H
    County Office Building
    Fort Madison, IA 52627-4540
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lee County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    33,555; Population change: -6.43% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    65 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,654
      Households: 
    86,311
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.50% per 15,693 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $1.65 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lee County's population of Iowa of 82,336 residents in 1930 has increased 2,8-fold to 230,299 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.90% female residents and 49.10% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.04% in Lee County, Iowa are married and the remaining 40.96% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.04% in Lee County, Iowa are married and the remaining 40.96% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,858 residential units of which 88.51% share occupied residential units.

    18.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Lee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.46% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.54% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.27% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.85% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lee County, Iowa 66.01% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.20% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.79% are vacant.

  • The 52.98% of the population in Lee County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.990%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.000%) of those eligible to vote in Lee County, Iowa.

Skyline of Lee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Mama Lina's

2253 Harper Rd, Beckley, WV 25801

Snyder's of Hanover

4801 Grand Ave c, Pittsburgh, PA 15225

RDD Associate Llc

930 Riverview Dr # 400, Totowa, NJ 07512

HoneyBaked Ham

11405 Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230

Tyson Foods Inc

3817 N Tyson Pkwy, Eagle Mountain, UT 84005

Landscape of Iowa