Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Emmet County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Emmet County
      Zips: 
    50531
    51365
    50578
    50514
    51334
      Coordinates: 
    43.378022527981145, -94.6784802526279
      Area total: 
    402.52 sq. mi., 1042.52 sq. km, 257614.08 acres
      Area land: 
    395.89 sq. mi., 1025.35 sq. km, 253369.60 acres
      Area water: 
    6.63 sq. mi., 17.18 sq. km, 4244.48 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Estherville
    Address: 609 1St Ave N
    County Courthouse
    Estherville, IA 51334-2245
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Emmet County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    9,388; Population change: -8.87% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    24 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,692
      Households: 
    8,137
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.00% per 5,047 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $414.61 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Emmet County's population of Iowa of 29,145 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,67-fold to 19,509 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.45% female residents and 49.55% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.42% in Emmet County, Iowa are married and the remaining 40.58% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.42% in Emmet County, Iowa are married and the remaining 40.58% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    4,475 residential units of which 88.76% share occupied residential units.

    18 minutes is the average time that residents in Emmet County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.09% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.74% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.82% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.32% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Emmet County, Iowa 65.87% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.00% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.14% are vacant.

  • The 74.40% of the population in Emmet County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.320%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.250%) of those eligible to vote in Emmet County, Iowa.

Skyline of Emmet County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

SoFA Market

387 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113

Candy Store On 79

2218 Broadway, New York, NY 10024

Sweet Freedom Cheese

801 SE 8th St Suite 1, Bentonville, AR 72712

Unlimited Commercial Maintenance Inc

1960 Del Amo Blvd, Torrance, California 90501

Cherokee Farms Deer Processing

330 W Coker Rd, Alto, GA 30510

Landscape of Iowa