Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Buena Vista County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Buena Vista County
      Zips: 
    50592
    50576
    50565
    51033
    50568
    50585
    50510
    51002
    50588
      Coordinates: 
    42.73549360239317, -95.15114896876894
      Area total: 
    580.23 sq. mi., 1502.78 sq. km, 371344.64 acres
      Area land: 
    574.90 sq. mi., 1488.98 sq. km, 367935.36 acres
      Area water: 
    5.33 sq. mi., 13.80 sq. km, 3409.28 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Storm Lake
    Address: 215 E 5Th St
    County Courthouse
    Storm Lake, IA 50588-2371
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Buena Vista County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    20,823; Population change: 2.78% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    36 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,369
      Households: 
    6,070
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.70% per 11,643 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $1.26 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Buena Vista County's population of Iowa of 17,617 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,81-fold to 14,334 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.10% female residents and 49.90% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.09% in Buena Vista County, Iowa are married and the remaining 33.91% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.09% in Buena Vista County, Iowa are married and the remaining 33.91% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,141 residential units of which 91.48% share occupied residential units.

    16 minutes is the average time that residents in Buena Vista County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.56% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.93% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.79% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Buena Vista County, Iowa 62.98% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.17% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.85% are vacant.

  • The 64.02% of the population in Buena Vista County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.150%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.400%) of those eligible to vote in Buena Vista County, Iowa.

Skyline of Buena Vista County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Food Sales

322 Nancy Lynn Ln #5, Knoxville, TN 37919

Milton Creamery LLC

202 IA-2, Milton, IA 52570

Spicy Noodle House

3314 S Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92704

Fran's Fryers Inc

3360 FM 308, Milford, TX 76670

Bagel & Food Market Inc

2069 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY 11554

Landscape of Iowa