Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Sussex County

  •   State: 
    Delaware
      County: 
    Sussex County
      Zips: 
    19969
    19931
    19973
    19966
    19941
    19951
    19960
    19967
    19944
    19971
    19950
    19945
    19939
    19933
    19940
    19970
    19930
    19968
    19975
    19956
    19966
    19947
    19973
    19963
    19971
    19958
      Coordinates: 
    38.683297216874344, -75.33954175800572
      Area total: 
    1196.42 sq. mi., 3098.72 sq. km, 765710.08 acres
      Area land: 
    936.13 sq. mi., 2424.57 sq. km, 599125.12 acres
      Area water: 
    260.29 sq. mi., 674.15 sq. km, 166584.96 acres
      Established: 
    1680
      Capital seat: 

    Georgetown
    Address: PO BOX 589
    Georgetown, DE 19947-0589
    Governing Body: County Council with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Sussex County, Delaware, United States

  •   Population: 
    237,378; Population change: 20.41% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    253.61 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $49,769
      Households: 
    100,747
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 106,004 county labor force
  •   Income taxes: 
    5.95%
      GDP: 
    $11.60 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Sussex County's population of Delaware of 34,348 residents in 1930 has increased 8,11-fold to 278,468 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.66% female residents and 49.34% male residents live in as of 2020, 45.28% in Sussex County, Delaware are married and the remaining 54.72% are single population.

    As of 2020, 45.28% in Sussex County, Delaware are married and the remaining 54.72% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    142,280 residential units of which 69.24% share occupied residential units.

    25.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Sussex County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.16% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.16% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.62% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.23% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sussex County, Delaware 53.80% are owner-occupied homes, another 12.29% are rented apartments, and the remaining 33.91% are vacant.

  • The 28.62% of the population in Sussex County, Delaware who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.820%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.240%) of those eligible to vote in Sussex County, Delaware.

Skyline of Sussex County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Clegg & Clegg

1204 Keller Ln, Burnsville, MN 55306

Pioneer Flour Mills

1500 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78204

Rodem

5880 W 71st St, Indianapolis, IN 46278

Eisner Foods

481 8th Ave Suite 1143, New York, NY 10001

Landscape of Delaware