Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Kent County

  •   State: 
    Delaware
      County: 
    Kent County
      Zips: 
    19961
    19903
    19979
    19955
    19980
    19936
    19954
    19964
    19902
    19946
    19962
    19953
    19938
    19934
    19943
    19934
    19952
    19977
    19904
    19901
      Coordinates: 
    39.095954687468236, -75.50461383431728
      Area total: 
    798.33 sq. mi., 2067.67 sq. km, 510931.20 acres
      Area land: 
    586.06 sq. mi., 1517.89 sq. km, 375078.40 acres
      Area water: 
    212.27 sq. mi., 549.78 sq. km, 135852.80 acres
      Established: 
    1680
      Capital seat: 

    Dover
    Address: 555 S Bay Rd
    County Administrative Complex
    Dover, DE 19901-4617
    Governing Body: Levy Court with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kent County, Delaware, United States

  •   Population: 
    181,851; Population change: 12.04% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    310.33 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,391
      Households: 
    202,171
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.60% per 79,715 county labor force
  •   Income taxes: 
    5.95%
      GDP: 
    $7.27 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kent County's population of Delaware of 161,032 residents in 1930 has increased 3,54-fold to 570,719 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.40% female residents and 48.60% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.11% in Kent County, Delaware are married and the remaining 44.89% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.11% in Kent County, Delaware are married and the remaining 44.89% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    72,708 residential units of which 93.92% share occupied residential units.

    24.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Kent County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.66% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.88% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.80% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.11% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kent County, Delaware 66.66% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.14% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.20% are vacant.

  • The 29.35% of the population in Kent County, Delaware who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.570%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 54.380%) of those eligible to vote in Kent County, Delaware.

Skyline of Kent County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

BCP Ingredients Inc

52 Sunrise Park Rd, New Hampton, NY 10958

Righteous Felon Craft Jerky

895 Fern Hill Rd, West Chester, PA 19380

Deggolmok Depo

3101 W 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90005

Skippers Seafood

21559 Jeb Stuart Hwy, Stuart, VA 24171

CHD Expert North America

130 S Jefferson St #250, Chicago, IL 60661

Landscape of Delaware