Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Placer County

  •   State: 
    California
      County: 
    Placer County
      Zips: 
    95724
    95724
    95715
    95714
    95717
    95746
    95736
    95701
    96162
    95681
    96146
    95703
    95604
    96141
    95728
    96140
    96148
    95663
    96146
    95631
    95722
    95658
    96143
    95713
    96145
    95602
    95746
    95650
    95747
    95648
    95765
    95677
    95603
    95678
    95661
      Coordinates: 
    39.063431387681035, -120.71764612266789
      Area total: 
    1502.24 sq. mi., 3890.77 sq. km, 961431.04 acres
      Area land: 
    1407.08 sq. mi., 3644.31 sq. km, 900528.00 acres
      Area water: 
    95.16 sq. mi., 246.47 sq. km, 60903.04 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Auburn
    Address: 175 Fulweiler Avenue
    County Administration Building
    Auburn, CA 95603-4543
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Placer County, California, United States

  •   Population: 
    404,739; Population change: 16.16% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    288 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $70,959
      Households: 
    9,220
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.30% per 184,892 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    9.30%
      GDP: 
    $21.53 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Placer County's population of California of 7,913 residents in 1930 has increased 2,5-fold to 19,790 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.20% female residents and 49.80% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.15% in Placer County, California are married and the remaining 33.85% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.15% in Placer County, California are married and the remaining 33.85% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    172,356 residential units of which 88.25% share occupied residential units.

    29.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Placer County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.67% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.15% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.86% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.18% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Placer County, California 65.08% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.54% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.38% are vacant.

  • The 36.34% of the population in Placer County, California who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.450%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.210%) of those eligible to vote in Placer County, California.

Skyline of Placer County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Bluewater Farms

3203 Cranberry Hwy BLDG. A, East Wareham, MA 02538

RAM Inc

2090 Columbiana Rd, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216

Fish Shack

2330 Old West Point Rd, Starkville, MS 39759

Foresight Sales & Marketing LLC

880 E Lone Cactus Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85024

Kitchen Fresh Foods Inc

1375 Gruber Rd, Green Bay, WI 54313

Landscape of California