Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Monterey County

  •   State: 
    California
      County: 
    Monterey County
      Zips: 
    93915
    93962
    93932
    93912
    93928
    93902
    93954
    93962
    93944
    93943
    93922
    93942
    93450
    93940
    93925
    93426
    93907
    93920
    95004
    95039
    93953
    93926
    93955
    93927
    95012
    93921
    93924
    93960
    93930
    93908
    93933
    93907
    93905
    93955
    93950
    93906
    93923
    93901
    93940
      Coordinates: 
    36.23977435241607, -121.30890163556349
      Area total: 
    3771.22 sq. mi., 9767.42 sq. km, 2413581.44 acres
      Area land: 
    3281.72 sq. mi., 8499.62 sq. km, 2100301.44 acres
      Area water: 
    489.50 sq. mi., 1267.80 sq. km, 313280.00 acres
      Established: 
    1850
      Capital seat: 

    Salinas
    Address: 168 W Alisal St
    County Government Center
    Salinas, CA 93901-2487
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Monterey County, California, United States

  •   Population: 
    439,035; Population change: 5.78% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    134 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $59,837
      Households: 
    49,453
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.80% per 213,471 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    9.30%
      GDP: 
    $27.58 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Monterey County's population of California of 22,897 residents in 1930 has increased 6,03-fold to 138,019 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.61% female residents and 50.39% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.33% in Monterey County, California are married and the remaining 42.67% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.33% in Monterey County, California are married and the remaining 42.67% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    143,631 residential units of which 91.76% share occupied residential units.

    25.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Monterey County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    68.78% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.98% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.15% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.55% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Monterey County, California 49.75% are owner-occupied homes, another 40.06% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.19% are vacant.

  • The 43.90% of the population in Monterey County, California who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 29.890%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 68.150%) of those eligible to vote in Monterey County, California.

Skyline of Monterey County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Nutri-Sun

771 NJ-168, Blackwood, NJ 08012

Le Gourmet Chef

Calverton, NY 11901

G H Processing

2505 S Industrial Ave, Yuma, AZ 85365

360 Degree Gourmet Burrito

4300 Glumack Dr, St Paul, MN 55111

Landscape of California