Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Washington County

  •   State: 
    Arkansas
      County: 
    Washington County
      Zips: 
    72735
    72741
    72729
    72737
    72749
    72717
    72766
    72765
    72769
    72728
    72764
    72702
    72770
    72959
    72727
    72764
    72744
    72774
    72730
    72753
    72704
    72762
    72764
    72701
    72703
      Coordinates: 
    35.97905505923505, -94.21561198811685
      Area total: 
    952.36 sq. mi., 2466.61 sq. km, 609512.32 acres
      Area land: 
    941.98 sq. mi., 2439.71 sq. km, 602865.28 acres
      Area water: 
    10.39 sq. mi., 26.90 sq. km, 6647.04 acres
      Established: 
    1828
      Capital seat: 

    Fayetteville
    Address: 280 N College Ave
    County Courthouse
    Fayetteville, AR 72701-4271
    Governing Body: Quorum Court with 15 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Washington County, Arkansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    245,871; Population change: 21.08% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    261 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,867
      Households: 
    77,522
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.60% per 126,141 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.25%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $10.01 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washington County's population of Arkansas of 39,255 residents in 1930 has increased 6,26-fold to 245,871 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.76% female residents and 50.24% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.65% in Washington County, Arkansas are married and the remaining 40.35% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.65% in Washington County, Arkansas are married and the remaining 40.35% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    100,508 residential units of which 92.08% share occupied residential units.

    21.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Washington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.71% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.22% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.44% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.51% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washington County, Arkansas 54.71% are owner-occupied homes, another 37.33% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.96% are vacant.

  • The 49.60% of the population in Washington County, Arkansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.520%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.440%) of those eligible to vote in Washington County, Arkansas.

Skyline of Washington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Midwest Foodservice Sales

1211 Remington Blvd, Romeoville, IL 60446

Eastern Redding School Lunch

100 Black Rock Turnpike, West Redding, CT 06896

Foundation Kitchen

3 Washington St, Somerville, MA 02143

Frozen Run Bottling Works

831 Rural Ave, Williamsport, PA 17701

Wilkins-Rogers Inc

27 Frederick Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21043

Landscape of Arkansas