Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Shelby County

  •   State: 
    Shelby County
    33.26427016790614, -86.6606385573341
      Area total: 
    809.52 sq. mi., 2096.65 sq. km, 518093.44 acres
      Area land: 
    785.38 sq. mi., 2034.13 sq. km, 502645.76 acres
      Area water: 
    24.14 sq. mi., 62.52 sq. km, 15447.68 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: PO BOX 467
    County Administration Building
    Columbiana, AL 35051-0467
    Governing Body: Commission with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Shelby County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    223,024; Population change: 14.32% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    284 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.90% per 114,048 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $10.08 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Shelby County's population of Alabama of 27,576 residents in 1930 has increased 8,09-fold to 223,024 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.61% female residents and 49.39% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.57% in Shelby County, Alabama are married and the remaining 33.43% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.57% in Shelby County, Alabama are married and the remaining 33.43% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    89,060 residential units of which 94.59% share occupied residential units.

    30.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Shelby County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    86.57% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.97% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.11% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Shelby County, Alabama 75.13% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.99% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.88% are vacant.

  • The 43.96% of the population in Shelby County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 76.190%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 22.750%) of those eligible to vote in Shelby County, Alabama.

Skyline of Shelby County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2635 Companies
938 Counties
1761 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc

3130 Industrial St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495

Jerry Jordan Food Broker

1754 Camp Ave, Merrick, NY 11566

Two One Two New York

1410 Broadway # 2104, New York, NY 10018

Freddoloso Foods Corporation

2440 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60612

Wilke International Inc

14321 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215

Other Companies

Kikkoman Sales USA Inc

2 Mid America Plaza # 1022, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

The Village Cheese Shop

105 Love Ln, Mattituck, NY 11952

Acosta Deerfield Beach

674 S Military Trail, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Stevita Co

7650 U.S. 287 Frontage Rd, Arlington, TX 76001

Sunora Foods Ltd

Jupiter, FL 33458

Landscape of Alabama